Theme : Our Ocean World
Duration : 1 Feb – 30 June 2018
Open to : 16 – 18 year olds
Terms and Conditions
- This photo competition is conducted and promoted by the Australian International Dive Expo (AIDE) and supported by the Sydney International Boat Show (SIBS).
- This competition is opened to 16 to 18 year old students who are residents of Australia.
- Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The categories for this photo competition are:
- People (underwater and above water)
- Coral Reefs
NOTE: Entrants can only enter one photo per category.
- Participants can submit a maximum of three photographs for their entry (one per category). All of the photographs must be included in the one email submission. Should there be more than one email submitted by the entrant, only their first entry will be considered.
- Photos submitted must be original and produced entirely by the entrant. Each photo must include a title and the name of the location where the photo was taken. Specs for the image files – JPEG, 300 dpi, max 1MB.
- Create a folder with your name. Save your images (as per this label example: People_Peter_1.jpg). All files must be 1MB max. Higher resolution images will be required if selected for the final round of judging. Finalists will be required to then compress their image into ZIP file, of no more than 3MB.
- Entries must be sent to email@example.com with the subject “AIDE2018 Photo Competition” by no later than midnight 30 June 2018 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- Where there is an identifiable person in an image submitted, the entrant is responsible for obtaining a signed Model Release to provide to the Organizers, as the photo submitted may be displayed at AIDE2018 and online. (A Model Release means a release signed by or on behalf of any person identifiable in the image).
- The photo(s) must not contain any identifiable information of the entrant. Photos submitted with watermarks or branding on them will not be considered for judging.
- Copyright of the submitted photos remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of winning one of the prizes, each entrant grants a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to the Organizers (AIDE and SIBS) to feature the submitted material(s) in any and all media platforms for publicity and marketing purposes. This implies that any entry can be used for promotional purposes.
- Submission must include the entrant’s first and last names, the name of their school, home address and phone number. No postal entries are acceptable.
- Each photo will be individually judged and given a mark out of 10, according to the following criteria: originality, creativity, color composition and relevance to the theme.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- All decisions made are final and no correspondence will be entered into throughout the process.
- Winners will be announced on 31st July 2018 and notified via email.
- The prize includes only what is stated in these terms and conditions.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and must be claimed by 31 Aug 2018.
- The Organizers shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffering or sustained in connection with the submission to the competition, or prize offered except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. All entries submitted become the property of the promoters. The Organizers accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected email or for any prize damaged in transit.
- The Organizers (AIDE & SIBS) reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and they may also cancel or suspend this competition should the security, integrity and/or proper conduct of this competition be in any way compromised. The Organizers also reserve the right to disqualify any individual who has plagiarised the work of some other person, tampered with the entry process or infringed on copyrights.
AsiaEvents Exsic Pty Ltd
Suite 201, Level 2
272 Pacific Highway
Crows Nest NSW 2065
• Friday 3 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm
• Saturday 4 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm
• Sunday 5 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm
• Monday 6 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm