Theme : Stories of the Ocean
Duration : 1 Feb – 30 June 2018
Open to : 16 – 18 year olds
Terms and Conditions
- This video competition is conducted and promoted by the Australian International Dive Expo (AIDE) and supported by the Sydney International Boat Show (SIBS).
- This competition is opened to 16-18 year old students who are residents of Australia.
- Entry into this competition deems acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Organizers (AIDE & SIBS) reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice and they may also cancel or suspend this competition should the security, integrity and/or proper conduct of this competition be in any way compromised. The Organizer also reserve the right to disqualify any individual who has plagiarised the work of some other person, tampered with the entry process or infringed on copyrights.
- The video must feature a story on or under the water or both.
- Entrants can submit only one video of up to two (2) minutes long only. To submit, create a folder with your name, then save your video in an .mpg file. The video must be accompanied with a title and a brief description.
- Upload your video via Wetransfer to email@example.com with the subject “AIDE2018 Video Competition” by no later than midnight 30 June 2018 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
- All files must be no larger than 300mb. Higher resolution video will be required if selected for the final round of judging. Upon request, the cover image of the video must be submitted along with the video, whereby the cover image is no larger than 1MB. Please compress the folder into a ZIP file.
- Where there is an identifiable person in an image submitted, the entrant is responsible for obtaining a signed Model Release to provide to the Organizer, as the video submitted may be displayed at AIDE2018 and online. (A Model Release means a release signed by or on behalf of any person identifiable in the image).
- The video must not contain any identifiable information of the entrant. Videos submitted with watermarks or branding on them will not be considered for judging.
- Copyright of the submitted video remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of winning one of the prizes, each entrant grants a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to the Organizer (AIDE and SIBS) to feature the submitted material in any and all media platforms for publicity and marketing purposes. This implies that any entry can be used for promotional purposes.
- Submission must include the entrant’s first and last names, the name of their school, home address and phone number. No postal entries are accepted.
- The video entry will be individually judged and given a mark out of 10, according to the following criteria: creativity, color, music element and storytelling elements.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- All decisions made are final and no correspondence will be entered into throughout the process.
- The winner will be announced on 31 July 2018 and notified via email and/or phone.
- The prize includes only what is stated in these terms and conditions.
- The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash, and must be claimed by 31st Aug 2018.
- The Organizer shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffering or sustained in connection with the submission to the competition, or prize offered except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. All entries submitted become the property of the Organizer. The Organizers accept no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected email or for any prize damaged in transit.
AsiaEvents Exsic Pty Ltd
Suite 201, Level 2
272 Pacific Highway
Crows Nest NSW 2065
• Friday 3 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm
• Saturday 4 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm
• Sunday 5 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm
• Monday 6 August Halls 10am – 8pm • Marina 10am - 7pm